Edgar Allan Poe Quotes: A collection of inspirational Edgar Allan Poe quotes. From the United States, he was a poet, critic, and editor. He is well-known for his vivid short tales and poems, which have aroused the interest and imagination of readers all over the world. His mystery and horror novels are often considered as the forefathers of modern detective fiction. There is a museum dedicated to Edgar Allan Poe in the Baltimore home of his aunt Maria Clemn, where Poe lived from 1831 to 1835.
1. The true genius shudders at incompleteness — imperfection — and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not everything that should be said.
2. Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.
3. Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.
4. Believe nothing you hear and only one-half that you see.
5. There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.
6. Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
7. Man’s real life is happy, chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so.
8. Happiness is not to be found in knowledge, but in the acquisition of knowledge.
9. Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
10. It is a happiness to wonder – it is a happiness to dream.
11. A short story must have a single mood and every sentence must build towards it.
12. If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.
13. I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
14. Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence.
15. A judge at common law may be an ordinary man; a good judge of a carpet must be a genius.
Thanks for coming by my blog in search of some inspirational quotes. Please share these Edgar Allan Poe Quotes with your friends and family.
Image credits: canva.com