Natural sore throat remedy: A variety of illnesses are caused by the changing weather. One such problem is a sore throat. It can occur at any time of year, although it is more common during the rainy and winter seasons. You, too, must have been influenced by it at some time.
If you want to know how to avoid a sore throat, you should read this entire article. You will get all of the knowledge by reading this and will not need to read another article.
Causes of sore throat
It is critical to understand the root source of any problem so that you may simply prevent it. A sore throat can be caused by a variety of factors.
- Cold and cough
- Chemical exposure
- Misuse of the voice
Apart from it, factors such as pollution, smoking, and drinking, as well as poor hygiene may be responsible. Even sitting in front of a heater for an extended period of time in the winter might produce a sore throat.
Sore throat symptoms
Symptoms of sore throat can be like this.
- Throat pain
- Difficulty eating and drinking
- Difficulty speaking
- Prickling or itchy sensation in the throat
- Fever and body aches
- Redness and watery eyes
- Sneezing and runny nose
- Heaviness of voice
10 Home remedies for a sore throat
Now we are going to explain the home remedies for sore throat that you may use to get rid of sore throat.
1. Gargling- Gargling with warm water combined with salt relieves sore throats strongly. Three to four times each day, gargle. Instead of salt, you can gargle with betadine or alum.
2. Use honey- Honey has natural anti-inflammatory properties. Which provides soothing to the throat. Drink a glass of lukewarm water mixed with one teaspoon of honey.
3. Masala tea- It can relieve a sore throat. Masala tea contains ingredients such as clove, black pepper, ginger, and basil. All of them are really useful for sore throats.
4. Basil and ginger kadha- Boil some basil leaves and a small piece of ginger in a cup of water. When the water remains half, filter it and drink it. If you feel that it will taste bitter then some honey or jaggery can be added to it.
5. Turmeric Milk- Turmeric has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. Drinking turmeric mixed with hot milk is very beneficial.
6. Local Heat- You can do this in two ways. If desired, soak a clean cloth in lukewarm water. Squeeze it and cover the throat for some time. You can also warm a clean and dry cloth in a pan or microwave and place it on your sore. These methods provide great relief in soreness and pain.
7. Steam- Put some carom seeds in hot water and take steam. Keep in mind that while inhaling the head and mouth are covered properly and after inhaling the steam do not run the fan till your body comes to room temperature. Don’t even leave the room.
8. Garlic- Garlic has antibacterial properties. Put a bud in your mouth and suck it. Do this two-three times a day.
9. Essential oils- Camphene, present in natural oils such as nutmeg, bergamot, and cypress, provides a cooling, refreshing effect.
10. Warm liquids- Warm liquids can help relieve a sore throat, such as caffeine-free tea with lemon juice and honey, warm water with lemon and honey, or warm soup liquid.
What to do to avoid a sore throat?
If you have a sore throat then you should take care of some things;
- Take full care of cleanliness.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap before eating.
- Keep the toilet clean and wash hands thoroughly after use.
- Wear clean washed clothes.
- Stay away from others’ false food or utensils.
- Stay away from anyone who has a cold.
- Use tissue paper when sneezing or coughing.
What should you avoid doing if you have a sore throat?
You should avoid them if you have a sore throat.
- Talking for a long time.
- Speaking or shouting in a loud voice.
- Consumption of sour and spicy things like lemon, pickle, chutney.
- Cold things like ice cream, drinking cold water.
- Dust and smoke.
- Cigarettes and alcohol.
In this article, you have learned about the causes, symptoms, and home remedies of sore throat. We hope that you have got the complete information about the throat infection and the sore throat home remedy. We bring information to you by doing complete research and study. Nevertheless, you should always keep in mind that before adopting any remedy, definitely consult your doctor.
If you like our work, please share it with your friends on social media and follow us on our blog.
Image credit:- Canva, Freepik